[SSC] Dyslexia and learning

roland pascoe rpascoe at phonecoop.coop
Tue Jul 3 12:39:44 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Sorry that I have been quiet for ages but I have been finishing off the
PGCE and now I am job hunting. Also as a long distance supporter I
sometimes feel that the most supportive thing I can do is to get out of
the way of you folks on the ground so you can get on with it. Anyway I
just wanted to echo many of the points that Allen raises. Having had my
dyslexia assessment last year aged 53, I am (a) still working out what
that means for me and my learning and (b) how it impacts on the rest of
my life. I also know that everyone is different etc but I tend to see my
dyslexia as an impairment rather than any other label.

If SSC can develop ways of supporting scholars with impairments then it
would only add to its very great contribution to education.

Best wishes

Roland Pascoe