[SSC] New social science centre

Social Science Centre info at socialsciencecentre.org.uk
Wed May 16 10:06:35 UTC 2012

Hi James,

On 16 May 2012, at 10:42, Webster, James wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm a reporter from Calendar. I read a piece in the paper a few weeks ago about the new social science centre being set up.
>
> It's something I'm sure we'd like to feature on our programme.
>
> I did try to get in touch with one of the academics who was involved in the project but he didn't get back to me at the time.

Sorry about that. The Open Day caused quite a rush of interest and we've been declining interest from the press while we focus on developing the SSC.

> Since the piece went in the paper how much interest have you had from people interested in taking up places at the centre?

Membership increased from around 40 to 70 people. A mixture of teachers and potential students.

> Also - when will the classes be starting? I think I read it would be sometime in September but it would be good to get a date in our diary so that we don't miss it if we would like to come out and film with you on the first day.

Classes start the first week of October.

Please do keep in touch, although at the moment, as I said, we're not engaging in any further publicity so we can concentrate on getting things ready for October.

Best wishes
Joss