[SSC] Hello from Sara M and invite to contribute to Interface special issue: The pedagogical practices of social movements

sara-catherine motta-mera saracatherinem at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 17 00:39:16 UTC 2013

Dear all,
I hope you are doing well and that SSC continues to develop and deepen.
The girls and I are doing well here in the land of Oz- it is nearly 6 weeks
now. A big change and we are all taking it step by step. I would love to
hear what you are developing there in Lincoln and how you all are.

I wanted to invite the SSC collectively to contribute a
piece/reflection/article/dialogue to a special issue of Interface (an
activist academic collective which produces on-line open access peer
reviewed pieces for and by movements/communities in struggle) which I will
be editing with Ana Margarida Esteves, entitled ' The Pedagogical Practices
of Social Movements'. Our objectives are to share and systematise across
spatial, knowledge and social borders how communities, groups and
individuals are unlearning dominant ways of being and constituting the
world and creating new ones.

I attach the CFP to give you a deeper sense of the objectives of the issue.
http://www.interfacejournal.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Interface-5-1-CFP-vol-6-no-1.pdf

We would really value a collective contribution from the SSC that gives us
a sense of your learning journey, the pedagogies that you have developed,
and both the things that have worked and those processes that have been
more difficult. I think that your experience will be of great use and
guidance to other collectives and communities attempting to organise
similar practices and projects.

The deadline for submissions is November 1st 2013. If you would like to
discuss with me your ideas for a contribution then please do get in touch.
You can opt for peer-reviewed or non-peer reviewed. I would be happy to
help facilitate the process as much as possible if that will also be of
use.

All my best wishes and thanks
Sara