[SSC] Teach-in at the Houses of Parliament: 'The sale of student loans...how do we stop it?' (13/01)

Sarah Amsler sarah at socialsciencecentre.org.uk
Tue Jan 7 15:32:21 UTC 2014

Annoyed that I can't make this; if anyone else is interested, please see
information below!

Sarah

***

Teach-in at the Houses of Parliament: 'The sale of student loans...how
do we stop it?'
Monday, January 13th 2014, 7pm

http://andrewmcgettigan.org/2014/01/07/teach-in-at-the-house-of-commons-monday-13-january/

***

'The sale of student loans; the latest move turning first rate public
universities into third rate private companies: How do we stop it?'

Speakers so far confirmed :  Stefan Collini, Professor of English at
Cambridge and author of 'Sold Out' article in the London Review of Books
  24th Oct 2013,

Andrew McGettigan author of The Great University Gamble: Money, Markets
and the Future of Higher Education,

Natalie Fenton Professor of Media and Communications at Goldsmith and
past president of the University and College Union,

As the changes to university funding are advancing Collini argues " the
coalition government took the decisive steps in helping to turn some
first rate universities into third rate companies. If you still think
the time for criticism is over, perhaps you had better think again".

The Higher Education Teach-In is your opportunity to hear and question
the experts so the we can press the Coalition to think again.

* Entry via Cromwell Green Public Entrance - Please allow at least 15
minutes to clear security*