[Ssf] Welfare meeting

Kevin Gillan k.gillan at sheffield.ac.uk
Mon Dec 6 11:25:08 GMT 2004

Yep, nice one Jase. I've updated the main web events page to include the
next meeting, but people might like to comment on/alter the text (follows).

cheers

End the Silence
Follow up meeting on disability benefit cuts and how to stop them.
(First meeting info here.)

Saturday 11th December, 2 - 4pm
Quaker Meeting House,
Church Street (next to the Cathderal)

"Reform of incapacity benefit is one of the key seven challenges facing
us in the new term." Tony Blair

"Like many disable peopled I am terrified of these cuts, it is already a
distressing experience claiming such benefits." A disability benefit
recipient.

Following a lively but very serious meeting on disability welfare, in
which participants learned of pilot schemes for compulsory job
interviews for those on incapacity benefit, and the closing of local
centers for assessment tribunals a second meeting has been held to
develop a network for taking some kind of action against the proposals.

or see it online at
http://www.sheffieldsocialforum.org/events.htm