[Ssf] Urgent Local Works Campaign Update - Local Services and Facilities Bill

R&A robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Dec 9 17:46:52 GMT 2004

Hi folks, i am forwarding this urgent campaign update ("Ghost Britain").
I know you are very busy now with disability cuts campaign, but perhaps
a few minutes will be enough.
R&A

Dear Local Works Supporter

LOCAL SERVICES AND FACILITIES BILL NEWS

I have been on the phone to a journalist from the Independent who
quietly informed me that a number of MPs who were drawn in the ballot
last Tuesday are seriously considering taking up our bill!

The has been because they have received so many requests from
individuals just like yourselves, so to all who have already written
well done and thankyou very much.

But now we must redouble our efforts in order to have the best chance of
securing the bill in Parliament this session. So please, if you have not
already, write to the MPs in the ballot (I have attached the initial
letter we sent you with all the details). If you have already written
please ask friends, family, colleagues etc (the postman, the milkman,
your hairdresser) and anyone else you can to please write to the MPs as
well. If you are a constituent of an MP on the list then you writing
would be /very /effective.

Attached is the bill and the original letter you were sent which has the
20 MPs on. You can forward this to your friends and contacts.

Best wishes and happy Christmas campaigning!

Steve

Stephen Shaw
Local Works Campaign
office 020 7833 9898