spittle hill was Re: [Ssf] Uni social forum?

2 % adam at diamat.org.uk
Mon Dec 20 12:08:47 GMT 2004

r7 wrote:

> r7 [wondering whether it's cold enough for spittle hill to freeze over]

ages ago, i was sat drinking with a mate, or a sibling, i forget ... we
had put a bottle of vodka in the freezer to chill before hitting the
pubs at early doors ... we were up in the north somewhere and i had just
got back from the republic ... i was telling my mate about the law they
have there about counterfeiting ... it's a very strict one ... it is an
offense to even talk about it

this made my mate laugh out loud

	"they must have had it rough there" my mate slurred aggressively

	"come on ... people are starting to stare" i said "let's get back to
the vodka"

	"LET 'EM STARE" my mate roared at the pub

	"come on ... i can't fight them all, and tha'r' in no fit state to help"

no movement

	"come on ... i've got something in my pocket which will amuse you ...
i've got a yeast permit ... i'll read it to you back at the digs"

we stumbled back up the hill to where we were dossing and i poured my
mate a drink ... i poured one for myself ... just to be sociable and
read my yeast permit out loud

my mate laughed and listened to me read

	"it's to restrict alcohol distillery ... they must have had it rough
there" my mate slurred and dribbled some spittle in to the vodka glass

instantly the super-cooled vodka crystallized ... a block of vodka ice

	"what's happened to my drink ?" my mate questioned when they attempted
to drink the ice and failed

	"your spittle has caused a state change in the vodka" i laughed "just
what you've always wanted really ?"

	"what's the point in that, if i can't drink it ?" said my mate

	"it beats me" said i "may be that's what the expression 'you can't have
your cake and eat it' is all about ?" i suggested

	"what's the point of having cake and not eating it ?" said my mate

	"it beats me" said i "it beats me ... at least you can touch it ? ...
come on" said i "let's try and do it again"

... and i poured another vodka