[Ssf] Oh shit (ssf's revolutionary lyrics)

Amparo amparo.gutierrez at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Nov 7 01:07:28 GMT 2004

hia, great, Auden's contribution to contemporary history...
And now, from SSF's honorary member Steve Earle... these Lyrics:

The social forum Starts Now

I was walkin’ down the street
In the town where I was born
I was movin’ to a beat
That I’d never felt before
So I opened up my eyes
And I took a look around
I saw it written ‘cross the sky
The social forum starts now
Yeah, the social forum starts now

The social forum starts now
When you rise above your fear
And tear the walls around you down
The social forum starts here
Where you work and where you play
Where you lay your money down
What you do and what you say
The social forum starts now
Yeah the social forum starts now

Yeah the social forum starts now
In your own backyard
In your own hometown
So what you doin’ standin’ around?
Just follow your heart
The social forum starts now

Last night I had a dream
That the world had turned around
And all our hopes had come to be
And the people gathered ‘round
They all brought what they could bring
And nobody went without
And I learned a song to sing
The social forum starts now

(i love this one below too):

F the CC

I used to listen to the radio
And I don’t guess they’re listenin’ to me no more
They talk too much but that’s okay
I don’t understand a single word they say
Piss and moan about the immigrants
But don’t say nothin’ about the president
A democracy don’t work that way
I can say anything I wanna say

So fuck the FCC
Fuck the FBI
Fuck the CIA
Livin’ in the motherfuckin’ USA

People tell me that I’m paranoid
And I admit I’m gettin’ pretty nervous, boy
It just gets tougher everyday
To sit around and watch it while it slips away
Been called a traitor and a patriot
Call me anything you want to but
Just don’t forget your history
Dirty Lenny died so we could all be free