Project Fallujah Update WAS Re: [Ssf] Meetings /Project Status Summary

noone noone machinevman at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 21 21:08:31 GMT 2004

Is it possible to swap numbers 1 and 2 around?  I feel it might have more
impact if it puts loss of life as number one issue and puts "acts of
aggression" as number 2, so it will read as follows:

>NOTICE OF MOTION RE FRIENDSHIP LINK WITH FALLUJAH
Proposed by Cllr Jillian Creasy

This council

1. Deplores all actions leading to the loss of civilian life and destruction
of the infrastructure in Fallujah

2. Deplores all acts of aggression (including acts of terror) in Fallujah

3. Wishes to express its sympathy and solidarity with the residents of the
city of Fallujah who are now faced with the task of rebuilding it

and therefore

4. Instructs the Chief Executive to investigate the possibility of forming a
Friendship Link with Fallujah and to report back to Full Council in two
months time

5. Instructs the Chief Executive to send a copy of this motion to the Prime
Minister and Sheffield MPs

I think it reads better that way as "notes" doesnt put enough emphasis on
the importance of the loss of life and civilian infrastructure that has
occured since the occupation of Fallujah.  The other change is putting more
emphasis on "acts of aggresion" and seeing as terrorism is an act of
aggression and is noted as such i don't feel this should change the nature
of the resolution.  The last change is on point three where put "residents
of that city" instead of "people of good will" as i feel "residents"
underlines the fact that the vast majority of people in Fallujah are just
like any other resident of any other city and are victims of circumstance
and not people to be blamed or collectivly punished.

I am going to have to send my apologise in advance, i am not going to make
your meeting because i have already made commitments to go the meeting about
the new spittle hill development.

from
cuthbert