[Ssf] local sf meeting

spodulike at freeuk.com spodulike at freeuk.com
Tue Nov 30 15:41:03 GMT 2004

> Thats the clever thing, you think it was useful now, but actually it
> was, for hollisticist reasons which I won't go into, incredibly
> unhelpful in the broader scheme of things, which you won't notice til

> later. Honest.

LOL That's ok then.

> I think that the question with students isn't so much different
> issues, as having a different relationship with the community, and in

> general not wanting for fairly nebulous reasons to be involved with
> non-student campaigning. Best thing will be if SSF could draw the
> interested students out of any uni forum that got set up. I'll keep
> you notified if I hear anything.

Agreed it is a different community and students can be a bit wide eyed
when exposed to the activist type community outside those comforting
walls. Saturday would be good for anyone interested in setting up a Uni
SF tho'.

It would be good to have cross-fertalisation of ideas - especially
about building forums as those students may be winging elsewhere - in
fact, going back totally on what I said earlier, Saturday would be good
for those interested in setting up LSF's in their home town  - we could
have Sheffield as a little LSF training centre - sort of like
Afghanistan but instead of trained terrorists we would be sending open
space operatives around the world, and there would be slightly less
chance of getting bombed by the US.

Also, you need to reply to Ssf at lists.aktivix.org to send to the list,
otherwise this becomes a private conversation, then again that might be
for the best:)

Jason

> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:50:54 +0000, spodulike at freeuk.com
> <spodulike at freeuk.com> wrote:
> > Yeah, think the sort of issues students are interested in can be
> > different to the sheffield focus type thing and social forum
> > proliferation is all good, just get worried about how far the
activist
> > pie gets divided etc.
> >
> > And that was a useful comment, so I'm afraid you are therefore
declared
> > useful!:)
> >
> > Jason
> >

> > > I'm fairly sure that there isn't a Sheffield Uni SF going,
although I

> > > have spoken to a couple fo people who are interested in the idea
of
> > > setting one up. I don't think that it would do the SSF any harm
if
> > > there were one for the students as well anyway. I'm afraid I'm
away
> > > for the weekend, so will continue to be useless.
> > >
> > > Chris

> > them there are
Thursday,
> > presume