[Ssf] meeting tonight?

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Thu Oct 7 14:58:19 BST 2004

Yes! Yes!

For those of us who want to talk about going to the ESF, particularly.

It would also be good, from my point of view, to have a little chat
about life post-ESF.  A bit of a brainstorm...

The first question will be:  SSF - is there life in the old dog yet?

My answer: yes there bloody well is!

But we need to do a brainstorm about what happens next.  I think we have
plenty of ideas, but here's my two-penny's worth for now:

* An event, involving music n hopefully someone spinning fire round
their head, to get more people to sign up to the new list.  I believe
someone on this list already has a date planned...?  When was that?

* Forward planner - thinking about what's happening up to Xmas.  One
thing: I've been in comms with someone from a London anti-incinerator
campaign.  We've discussed a late-November national linked-up protest
(possibly international, through GAIA, the global anti-incinerator
alliance.)  This campaign is good coz it brings up the environment,
local accountability, corruption, corporations and democracy - and will
probably get IMPACT, P&P, some Green Party bods and others involved.

* Post-ESF:  local social forum networking.  Much local social forum
action is happening at the ESF - we're looking to ways of networking
that guarantee a non-hierarchical way forward.  My favourite idea is SSF
members having a European e-mail 'buddy!'  If we each have one, there'll
be a network of signals across Europe  - who knows what might come of
it!  Just writing to someone in e.g. Greece or Hungary, exchanging
what's going on... (rather reliant, of course, on everyone else speaking
English...!)

Er... ranting now.  Too much coffee.

love

Dan