[Ssf] Protest - I can, you can, anyone can!

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Tue Oct 12 17:29:26 BST 2004

I think I've sent this to the list before, but I thought I'd send it
again.  Bizarre - the BBC have, er, come up with this, um, er, really
brilliant website with STACKS of stuff on, er... what might be called
reclaiming power, or some such thing.  They cover everything except how
to build molotov cocktails.  Although maybe they do that too and I just
haven't looked hard enough.

Just goes to show what a wishy-washy liberal I am: it's exactly what I'd
do if I were doing a similar website: make no prescription about what
people WANT to take action on, and just supply people with the tools to
do it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/ican/

This page has everything on how to campaign, from publicity to protests
to sit-ins to using the net: - and an excellent guide on how to research
issues and how to avoid being sued:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/ican/howtocampaign

And this page is entitled 'how to organise a protest'.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/ican/A1930916

Probably shouldn't tell too many people about this - direct action being
encouraged by Auntie.  Hardly likely to aid the romanticism of resisting
the state, eh?

If they're not careful, they'll get their servers impounded by the FBI.

Dan