[Ssf] Sheffield Social Forum

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Wed Oct 13 08:13:00 BST 2004

Hallo Joe,

Dan here from SSF.

First thing to do - subscribe to this list so you can post without
needing a moderator's approval, and get in on the discussion:

Sorry - the www.sheffieldsocialforum.org website is down at the minute.

But you can go to -

http://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/Main_Page

(Have you come across WIKIs before?  Anyone can edit pages... it's
proved a really useful tool for us.)

As to what's happening next: take a look at the current flyer doing the
rounds -

http://www.spodulike.freeuk.com/ssf/ssf_esf_leaflet.pdf

(Scroll down for page 2!)

The Democracy cafes are from 6 to 8.

Our next meeting is on Thursday 21st October, Sharrow Community Hall, on
John St, by Bramall Lane FC.  (The building has letters on it - go down
the road until you get to 'F', and you should see a sign for the
community hall.)

It's a totallly open forum, and the direction we're taking is open too.
We haven't planned any actions yet: the only one that's currently more
likely is an anti-incinerator campaign - but that's just coz I happen to
know some people in London who want to do a national day of action.

Anyone else on the list got thoughts on what's gonna happen in the next
few months?

Dan