[Ssf] victory parade

Jase spodulike at freeuk.com
Mon Oct 25 22:24:57 BST 2004

-----
From: "Disco Cat":
If people want action immediately why not set up the sound system on the night
of the 2nd ready for the preliminary result.
-----

The preliminary result will be in Thursday morning, 12 hours after the polls
closed, and it's likely to be too close to rely on opinion polls etc (timeline
at http://www.uselectionatlas.org EST+5=GMT) so how about an "either way the
world gets screwed" protest on Tues night as it doesn't make the blindest bit
of difference to most on this earth. Kerry is preferable to Bush (and for that
reason Nader should p!ss off), but in the same way a frying pan is preferable
to the fire...

Or have the Saturday protest as Kev suggested and just do something daft if
there is no announcement - maybe a twin BushKerry beast (as his eyes passed
from one to another he could no longer see the difference) or summat - I dunno

The point is it doesn't really matter who won because greed always wins, the
president is always bought, and the american people don't see beyond their
borders (not that they're anything special, just the most powerful), so a
victory parade for capitalism? We could have people in suits celebrating four
more years of greed (there was a similar "capitalists for the war"
satire/protest at the ESF demo)

Also the inauguration of the president is on January 20th according to
reliable internet rumour.

Jase