[Ssf] On the Victory Parade...

spodulike at freeuk.com spodulike at freeuk.com
Fri Oct 29 18:10:32 BST 2004

On non-firework related topics, the Palestinian Solidarity Campaign are
having a big demo against the Wall on that Saturday (6th Nov), it's a
bring your own cardboard box affair at 12pm to 2pm outside the Town
Hall.

Also Stop the War will be there cos there's a lot of people worried
about fallujah, the rumour mill is the attack will be after Ramadan (
ends Nov17th). So write to MP's, councellors etc. I'm going to try
using mind control on Tony Blair, can't do it with Bush cos he hasn't
got one arf arf etc.

Jason

> Squib, n.
> 1. a. A common species of firework, in which the burning of the=20
> composition is usually terminated by a slight explosion.
>    =91Squibs are straight cylindrical cases about 6 inches long,
firmly=20
> closed at one end, tightly packed with a strong composition, and
capped=20
> with touch-paper=92 (1886 Encycl. Brit. XX. 136).
>
> (OED)
>
> :)
>
> Dan wrote:
> > Hi again,
> >=20
> > I'm gonna go with the folks who weren't sure about doing the
victory=20
> > parade on Saturday...
> >=20
> > Resources - people, time - is a big problem for us at the minute.
I=20
> > think we can build up, but we should give ourselves much more time
to d=
> o=20
> > things, and plan them properly so that we can do them with the
resource=
> s=20
> > that we have.
> >=20
> > I personally really like the idea of doing something when the=20
> > President's inaugurated in January.  We could really build to a big
-=20
> > and positive - event that involved palestinian groups, trade
justice=20
> > campaigners as well as anti-war folk and street theatre.  Trying to
do=20
> > anything worth doing by Saturday is... unrealistic.  But it's still
a=20
> > fantastic idea!
> >=20
> > Sorry to be Mr. Realism:  again, I don't think we should be doing=
20
> > anything that's gonna end up being a damp squib.  (What IS a squib=
20
> > anyway?)  Coz it'll just demoralise us further!
> >=20
> > Thoughts?  From the vast array of contributing people out there?  (
Who=20