[Ssf] Private eye provides different angle on Daily Express "reporting"

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Tue Sep 7 00:04:39 BST 2004

As there has been mention of engaging with the Daily Express readership on this
list  ( or its forbear ) I thought you might like to see what a difficult job
thats going to be !

See

http://naseh.burngreave.net/?q=node/view/18

 Private Eye No 1114 September 3 2004 has a different angle on the Daily Express
front page story of 16 August 2004.

Whereas the Express described how Durham Police thwarted terrorists in a stolen
car gathering information for a possible attack, the Eye reports differently.

"Let me say in the clearest possible language this story is rubbish and the
Daily Express were told this in unequivocal language when the first asked us,"
said a Durham Police spokesman.

"It is true two Lithuanians were arrested at Wingate nature reservoir in
Spetember of 2003," he added, but the mens presence in the area was believed to
be related to drugs, not terrorism.

AED
--
"The long revolution is creating small federated microsocieties, true guerilla

 cells practising and fighting for this self-management. Effective radicality
 authorises all variations and guarantees every freedom. "