[Ssf] ESF...?

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Wed Sep 8 21:13:50 BST 2004

Hi

On Wed 08-Sep-2004 at 04:35:05PM +0100, dan at aktivix.org wrote:

> Is anyone actually planning to go to the ESF?

Yes, I'm planning to be at the Indymedia space:

  http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Local/UkImcEsf

It might be quite good :-)

> If so, do we want to go on the
> SWP organised coaches, or shall we sort out our own, or what?
>
> Is the Samba Band going?  I'd personally rather like to go with them!

I'll probably make my own way there...

> We could do with producing a flyer for promoting all the autonomous stuff going
> on, with a map.

Good idea, perhaps one is being done already? Also it
would be worth posting to Indymedia and putting on the SSF
wiki.

> Unfortunately, of course, all the resources for the event are
> being controlled by the SWP.
>
> I'm personally enormously depressed by the whole thing, and am pretty tempted
> just to not bother going.  The great mobilising / paper-selling event will come
> and go, Sheffield will still be the same... we'll still have our networks to
> build...

Well, I think the alternative stuff will be enough to keep
one busy, there are going to be quite a lot of Indymedia
people from across Europe there and I bet there other
interesting things going on as well...

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World