[Ssf] notes from last nights meeting

Kevin Gillan k.gillan at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri Sep 17 12:54:23 BST 2004

Hello

First meeting in a while last night and it turns out there's lots to be
excited about. The democracy cafe is running successfully, bringing new
faces into political discussions, and with New Roots (Burngreave) open
after a summer refurb we can start runnning them in another location too.

The ESF is a mere month away and will have lots to interest local social
forumites, whether that's 'official' seminars or all the exciting things
happening elsewhere, from LETS economics to community arts to planning
direct action to our own democracy cafe (perhaps).

As a means of fundraising for the practicalities of ESF (just one
individual has had to stick up coach money so far) and publicising the
events those at last nights meeting decided to organise a gig for 30th
September. That's just two weeks away so any help would be appreciated -
know any musicians? Fancy your hand at making a flyer (or even just
distributing a few)? Most important, put the date in your diary and come
along to have a good time.

Finally, the photos for the tale of many cities are coming along, so
soon we'll get 'em all up on the web, linked to eachother and to stats
and info demonstrating the inequalities across our (un)fair city.

Upcoming dates'n'places:
Next gig(!): Thursday 30th September, tbc
Next democracy cafe: Tuesday 5th October, 6-8pm, Blue Moon, St James' Row
Next meeting: Thur 7th October, 7.30-9.30pm, Sharrow Community Hall,
John Street
for economic equality, social justice, and ecological respect: 15th -
17th October, all over London

take care all,

Kev

PS Full minutes from last night: