[Ssf] Democ Cafe & Thurs- apologies

dr who adam at diamat.org.uk
Sun Apr 24 00:04:45 BST 2005

06/01/05 17:46 noone noone wrote:

> Also i am not sure how much of an effect could be created with green
> party propaganda.  With all due respect, unlike hallam, not a huge
> amount of people have university degrees so i doubt people will be too
> bothered about tuition fees and the realities on the ground are that
> people don't have back yard composting at the top of their
> priorities(!).

Have you read "Green Alternatives to Globalisation: A Manifesto" by
Micheal Woodin and Caroline Lucas :

<snip>

"We believe that the real internationalist agenda does not extend to the
creation of an ever more ruthlessly competitive supranational trade
bloc, but our position has not always been helped by the strange and
often questionable bedfellows opposition to the euro brings. It is all
too easy for anyone who is opposed to the single currency to be
characterised as an antediluvian 'little Englander'. After all, the
argument goes, anyone who is on the same side of the debate as Rupert
Murdock and Margaret Thatcher must be reactionary, xenophobic, and for
some, even worse, 'anti-european'. Nevertheless, the climate of
political correctness, which at times threaten to stifle the European
debate, is one of the reasons why progressive, internationalist critics
of the EU project have been at the pains to find their voice, and not
make the mistake of leaving the pitch clear for the xenophobic and
nationalistic Right to lose the argument."

</snip>