[ssf] Warren

dr who adam at diamat.org.uk
Sun Apr 24 00:25:46 BST 2005

School Friend :

	Silly Icarus
	But it is merely a metaphor
	And less of that !

	I need to concentrate on the game at hand
	And I want to read some more of these [ Pointing to the books
spilling out of his kit bag ]

	Here take this one [ Passing a copy of *La Chute* to the Prop ]

Prop :

	My French isn't good enough [ Stammering ]

School Friend :

	Oh blinking heck [ Reproving ]
	Here ! [ Snatching back the book and opening it to a random 			page]
	What exactly can't you understand !

	Oh don't bother ...
	You will get a translation from the Library.
	On second thoughts, forget it !
	Ask them for this book by Chomsky instead;
	It will suit you better

[ The School Friend writes the title on a scrap of a cigarette box and
shoves it in to the Prop's blazer pocket. ]

Prop :

	Why Camus ?" [ Cautiously ]

School Friend :

	Ah ! Good question !
	Do you know the new game I introduced at Chess Club ?

Prop :

	Suicide ? [ Giggling ]
	What's that got to do with this ruby match ?

School Friend :

	Ah ... You don't understand ! [ Sighing and then raising their 			voice ]
  	I've introduced Suicide so that the Chess Club know how to put
	their pieces in danger.

	Union is a civil game !
	The only problem we have in this league
	Is some play
	League for cash

	And tend to high tackle.

	I have made sure that all players
	Are cautioned prior to the match
	About their tackling
	At stud-inspection

	Hard work never killed any one;
  	It's the working conditions that do you in !

[ The School Friend turns around from the front seat of the coach and
shouts at their team ]

	Warren, will you shut up singing !

	You *were NOT* 'born on a Virgin Coach !
	A Virgin, Virgin Coach'!
	Shush !

  	I can't hear myself think !

[ And then turning to towards the Prop who is sitting in the adjacent seat ]

	Why does Warren sing that tune come from ?

Prop :

	It's er ...
	'I was born under a wondering star' [ Stammering ]

School Friend :

	Ah ...
  	A suitable metaphor in the form of mantra !

	I'm sorry Warren !

	Sing !
	Sing !
	Sing !

[Released under the Free Documentation License.
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt }