[ssf] Re: Art n activism (private&public life)

Amparo amparo.gutierrez at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Feb 4 09:44:39 GMT 2005

> "People who talk about revolution and class struggle without
> referring
>> explicitly to everyday life, without understanding what is
>> subversive about love and what is positive in the refusal or
>> constraints, such people have a corpse in their mouth"

The "corpse in the mouth" is a powerful metaphor,
whose is the quotation?

But  people who talk about revolution and class struggle perhaps cannot
always refer explicitly to everyday life (particularly their own) and
the opposite is true sometimes: my neighbour chats and chats about her
everyday life, but any "abstract" term (such as state apparatus) would
put her a bit on her guard... Also think that so-called "intellectuals"
have always been hated, even university students, out of jealousy many
times, envy... for their supposed privileges, for their alleged
"recognition". (Personal note: I remember being hated  when younger, for
both my "bourgeoise"
readings and wearing miniskirt, by a Marxist-Leninist underground team..:¬)

amp