[ssf] Events Listing Service (feeding3)

@mparo robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 20:12:46 GMT 2005

"My tongue has forgotten how to say/
what my heart longs to say, and now/
you will never hear it said."/

(From armada, B.P.)

*WHY DON'T YOU...?*

...Have new planned events announced on our SSF events
listings service every month? The service is available for political,
social and cultural goings-on in the coming month.  If you have
something you want others to know about, please
send us the details...

PERIOD *from February 17th to middle-March 2005*:

*Events in Sheffield-Manchester-Nottingham-Liverpool-Leeds-Leicester from
  February 17th, All Campaigns:*

•	Rage Against Hallam
•	NO2ID-DEFYID
•	MAKE POVERTY HISTORY
•	SAVE BURNGREAVE
•	PEACE IN THE PARK
•	DEFEND BENEFITS
•	(Please add on-going campaign's name and related event(s) for the
period. Two lines will be enough).

LEEDS

>* Thursday 17th February*
>
> Another *Leeds Social Forum* stall outside the Leeds University Student
> Union 12 -2. Come along and help us build for Refugee meeting that
> night…

> *Meeting: Refugee Lies and the Media*
>
> 7 pm, Thurs. Feb 17th
>
> Roger Stevens (Building) Lecture Theatre 21, Leeds University,
> Woodhouse Lane

> Refugees are not to blame for rising
> poverty or falling welfare services in Britain.
>
> Speakers from: Leeds Asylum Support Network, Unite Against Fascism,
> and Leeds Social Forum - supported by the United Nations Association
>
> For further info contact: spl4lash at leeds.ac.uk

SHEFFIELD

*Help defeat BNP leader Nick Griffin in Keighley*

On *Saturday 19th February*, Unite Against Fascism has organised a regional
day of action in Keighley.  This is the seat where BNP
leader Nick Griffin will be contesting the General Election, and
hoping to whip up racism.  The BNP are putting all their energy
into this one seat.

*Sheffield UAF* will be meeting outside Bar One, Glossop Road near the
University
at 9am this coming Saturday.  We should be back in Sheffield before 3pm.
Transport will be provided, and if anybody wants to come and has a car then
that would be very useful.

MANCHESTER

*Saturday 5th March* - 1pm
Manchester Committee to *Defend Asylum Seekers* - Solidarity Social
Lunch provided and travel re-imbursed
Contact ; Mark Kranz on 07765 122829 / mark.kranz at ntlworld.com
+
*Saturday 5th March* - 2.30pm to 4.30
Greater Manchester Immigration Aid Unit (GMIAU) - AGM and Public Meeting
"Welcome to the UK - Land of Freedom and Justice ?"
Friends Meeting House, Mount Street, Manchester
Contact : GMIAU on 0161 740 7722

Thank you, in Solidarity

Please reply to SHEFFIELD SOCIAL FORUM

ssf at lists.aktivix.org