[ssf] Events Listing Service (feeding4)

@mparo robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 22:20:07 GMT 2005

"My tongue has forgotten how to say/
what my heart longs to say, and now/
you will never hear it said."/

(From armada, B.P.)

*WHY DON'T YOU...?*
...Have new planned events announced on our SSF events
listings service every month? The service is available for political,
social and cultural goings-on in the coming month.  If you have
something you want others to know about, please
send us the details...

*/WHY DON'T YOU...?/*
WHY DON'T YOU...?

Subscription
If you would like to subscribe to the list, please email XXXXXX with
'subscribe' in the subject line.

Listings
If you wish to publicise an event, please send details to XXXXXXXXX,
including:
the event name
the date, time and location
the entrance charge (if any)
brief details about the event
contact details, if necessary

SSF HOME

*From February 17th to mid-March 2005*:

*Events in Sheffield-Manchester-Nottingham-Liverpool-Leeds-Leicester from
  February 17th *

•	Rage Against Hallam
•	NO2ID-DEFYID
•	MAKE POVERTY HISTORY
•	SAVE BURNGREAVE
•	PEACE IN THE PARK
•	DEFEND BENEFITS
•	(Please add your events for the
period. Up to five lines will be enough).

LEEDS- Cultural
Leeds Survivors Poetry/Interchange @ Strawberry Fields
3rd Monday of every month from 7.30pm. Hosted by Leeds Survivors
Poetry/Johnny Solstice

Wicked Words
8pm at The Old Police Station, 108 Harrogate Road, Chapel Allerton,
Leeds, LS7 3HZ.
Guest and open mike event, second Tuesday of every month.
Brendan Ego 07715 115582 e-mail b_mcpartlan at yahoo.co.uk
Please e-mail or telephone to confirm performance dates.
Host Media Centre tel: 0113 307 0178.

LEEDS - CAMPAIGNS
* Thursday 17th February*
Another *Leeds Social Forum* stall outside the Leeds University Student
Union 12 -2. Come along and help us build for Refugee meeting that
night…
*Meeting: Refugee Lies and the Media*
7 pm, Thurs. Feb 17th
Roger Stevens (Building) Lecture Theatre 21, Leeds University,
Woodhouse Lane: Refugees are not to blame for rising poverty or falling
welfare services in Britain.
  For further info contact: spl4lash at leeds.ac.uk

SHEFFIELD (CULTURAL)

ANTICS UPSTAIRS
Spoken Word in the Red Deer - Pitt St., off Mappin St. in Sheffield city
centre
  Second Tuesday of the month, 8.30pm start:
8 March 2005 (50p in the hat) Stories, poetry, urban fairytales,
beautiful lies, the ugly truth. Come listen or speak! For more details
contact Robin (antics at lowtech.org) Tel. 0114 258 7270

CAMPAIGNS
*Help defeat BNP leader Nick Griffin in Keighley*

On *Saturday 19th February*, Unite Against Fascism has organised a regional
day of action in Keighley.  This is the seat where BNP
leader Nick Griffin will be contesting the General Election.
*Sheffield UAF* will be meeting outside Bar One, Glossop Road near the
University at 9am this coming Saturday.  We should be back in Sheffield
before 3pm.
Transport will be provided, and if anybody wants to come and has a car then
that would be very useful.

MANCHESTER (CAMPAIGNS)

*Saturday 5th March* - 1pm
Manchester Committee to *Defend Asylum Seekers* - Solidarity Social
Lunch provided and travel re-imbursed
Contact ; Mark Kranz on 07765 122829 / mark.kranz at ntlworld.com

*Saturday 5th March* - 2.30pm to 4.30
Greater Manchester Immigration Aid Unit (GMIAU) - AGM and Public Meeting
"Welcome to the UK - Land of Freedom and Justice ?"
Friends Meeting House, Mount Street, Manchester
Contact : GMIAU on 0161 740 7722

(More to come)