[ssf] M17 Derby G8 Environment Ministers Meeting 17th-18th March

robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 22:44:08 GMT 2005

-------------------------

Subject:
[ssf] M17 Derby G8 Environment Ministers Meeting 17th-18th March
From:
Chris <chris at aktivix.org>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:02:10 +0000

To:
Sheffield Social Forum <ssf at lists.aktivix.org>

Hia,

Ms. Anneky Rice... i kept wandering whom she could be for about a few
seconds.
Meet you any day with a stranger holding a hidden camcorder under
his/her chair?   Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

But thanks GOD Channel four has offered this evening some good
documentary on torture and terror bills (with a Liberty female rep.
speaking, good)  and my particular paranoia has decreased several
degrees. Even Make Poverty History was mentioned, and championed by a
Fair Trade spokesman. We might see some common sense coming back,
otherwise paranoia is not the word...

On Metro free newspaper, Capital One warns us about the danger of
impersonation through forged passports or forged driving licences (which
would damage your credit reputation: Capital One is a ripper off). And
on same page, charity found guilty of selling passport to asylum seeker.
Slowly getting used to the idea of the ID benefits. But not persuaded
yet... not entirely.

And Chris Malins, the other Chris about ASBO: Yes, the same case (though
relatively speaking and in proportion) as for terror bills and id
tagging (scheduled for 2008): These things act like boomerangs. But
teachers are badly paid.

Peace in the Park and Outside
@mp

:-)

Hi

Did people see this?

  Details of protests for the G8 environment ministers
  March 17th-18th March Derby M17.

  This July, the G8 - the heads of state of the world's
  most powerful countries - will be meeting in Gleneagles,
  Scotland. Whilst they talk of tackling climate change,
  our government is imposing a huge new roads building
  program, and almost comprehensive airport expansions.
  Whilst they talk of relieving poverty in the global
  south, they uphold a financial system that creates
  global famine, military repression and social and
  environmental breakdown.

  In preparation G8 Environment and Development ministers
  will meet at the Breadsall Priory Hotel, near Derby,
  hosted by Margaret Beckett, UK Secretary of State for
  Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. Why should these
  people be allowed to meet without opposition? We intend
  to be there. Bring costumes, music, whistles etc and
  join us!

  http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/sheffield/2005/02/306014.html

Also Sheffield Indymedia has a G8 feature up:

  http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/sheffield/2005/02/305925.html

Chris