[Ssf] Democ Cafe & Thurs- apologies

noone noone machinevman at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 5 14:55:40 GMT 2005

brother cuthburt with a little arm
>>twisting has
>>agreed to take over the modration of list

God help us all!

mozaz, i think it is a bad idea for you to take on too much right now,
especially if you might be having abit of leave in the not to distant
future.  If dan is happy as the phone contact then it is probably best to
keep it that way for continuity.

The democracy cafe was surprisingly productive, we talked about the tsunami,
debt relief and the wider underlying social-political conflicts in indonesia
and Sri Lanka.  Some more solid stuff came out regarding the G8 in
sheffield.

There wasnt the time at the democracy cafe but i would like to mention the
general election that is probably happening this year, we have two high
profile labour Mps standing in sheffield and i think that it might be a good
idea to see if by doing abit of leafleting and writing letters to the star
etc... we can dent their majorities.  It is unlikely that the other major
parties will put up much of a fight and the ripples that would be created if
david blunket had his majority cut back would be quite large i rekon.

for now
cuthbert