[Ssf] some thoughts, ideas, comments

noone noone machinevman at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 11 23:26:27 GMT 2005

dt, I am not sure what practicle point you are trying to make?

You werent at the democracy cafe` meeting, i have to admit it was only due
to chance that i was there, BUT everything that was suggested was suggested
in context.  For the G8 stuff my idea was that we could bring in other
groups (e.g. green party, make poverty history campaign, WDM etc... etc...)
and therefore it wouldnt be up to a few people and it would be a broader
conference.  The G8 has come to us, to be a little more existentialist, it
has come to me and will be landing in my back yard (metaphorically of
course) at some point during 2005 and i dont want it to leave without making
some sort of mark on it.

It doesnt mean that local stuff isnt going to happen because local stuff is
happening all the time and all you have to do is read a local paper to find
out about it.  If you read the local papers and think up an idea then the
chances are that someone will agree and you can make it happen.

On the issue of democracy and decision making, i dont think it applies to
the G8 counter-conference idea because i don't envisige it being an "SSF"
event, i see it more as being something that incorporates loads of other
groups and individuals outside the ssf as well as people in the ssf.

for now
cuthbert