[Ssf] Agenda ideas

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Tue Jan 18 11:20:22 GMT 2005

Allo,

I've adapted Jase's agenda a bit -

http://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/Meetings#Agenda:_20th_January_2005

# Open Brainstorm for SSF2005 onto a big piece of paper - add to agenda
# Communications (announcements list, publicity, hardcopy...)
# Forward Planning
(http://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/SSF05_Forward_Planner)
# Fundraising
# Next meeting: date and venue + meeting structure - and making it a big
call-out for planning and exciting things! Flyers for this...
# No2id
# Sharrow lantern/PitP
# G8/Make Poverty History/SSF 2005

Thoughts?  The forward planner thing -as I said before - is just me
pouring out some stuff that's in my brain.  What it would be good to see
happen is for this to get re-made based on what comes out of the next
two meetings.

I have a proposal:

We use Thursday's meeting for a blow-away-the-cobwebs session, including
a brainstorm.  Then we plan the meeting in *two week's time* to be a
big, open SSF meeting on 3rd February where we:

1. Do good publicity, saying:
a.  some of the things that will be happening in 2005 that SSF needs
help to make happen (one of which - I want to try and get some people
along who are into stencilling... I know at least two.  Does anyone else
want to think about SSF n creative stuff?)
b.  making sure people know they can bring their own ideas.
2. Get a big brainstorm going - including all of the things that we've
all come up with.
3. Then get people to choose what they want to do - making it clear that
no commitment is required, and any contribution is very appreciated,
even if that's just constructive criticism.
4. For those roles to go into the minutes...

My plan at the mo is to produce two sets of flyers -

1. "Why don't you switch off your TV set and do something less boring
instead....?   SSF!"
2. "It's politics, Jim, but not as we know it...  SSF!"

Whaddaya think?

Dan

07968 997861
0114 2412723

The true meaning of life is to plant trees,
under whose shade you do not expect to sit.