[Ssf] Re: Re: ID card and Fingerprinting news

jym jim jymjim at postmaster.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 11:20:23 GMT 2005

Hi all,

When a sheffield meeting date is agreed let me know by posting up a confirmed date on the list or direct, if thats ok for you to do - i'm not sure who is deciding or whatever, so i'll just keep an eye out :-)

I'll confirm that myself and a colleague are heading to Parliament tomorrow to sit in on the ID card comittee debates - EXTREMELY short notice as always with this things it seems, but if anyone else fancies going, they start at 0925, take a lunch break, and then come back for the afternoon shift at 1430.

You can walk into the comittee debates at any time whatsoever, so don't worry about having to be there at spot on 0930 or 1430.

While you are there, don't miss your chance to lobby your MP!

If the cops at St Stephens entrance won't let you in at first, just say that yo uhave come to lobby your MP, and they will suddenly turn all nice and accomdating, which is surely the wonder of wonders.

>From there, head along to the main lobby (big round place with four big corridors going off at each 90 degree angle) and approach the main desk. Tell them what you are up to and they will help you with the rest.

Be nice to these women, they really are very nice, and seem to dislike the way MPs swamn about like royalty as much as the rest of us.

Good luck and enjoy!

Regards

james