[ssf] Draft of poster n flyer for SSF meeting

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Mon Jan 24 22:45:17 GMT 2005

Hi folks,

I've done a draft of a poster for the meeting on the 17th of Feb (bloody
hell, that's over three weeks away!  Tee hee...)

http://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/Resource-WhyDontYou

Comments please!  Note that we haven't got the venue confirmed.

1. I wasn't sure about some pithy text for getting across what the
meeting is going to be.  Hopefully we're going to have people there from
(at least) Peace in the Park, the Lantern Festival, Make Poverty
History, Rage Against Hallam, Burngreave Spital Hill stuff, etc...

p.s. I wanted to mention the Lantern Festival on the Flyer - but thought
Lantern folk might not be happy about that, given that it could seem to
be nicking the idea.  The aim's just to offer a chance to have a kinda
free market of ideas and goings-on, so that people can see what's
happening, exchange ideas and start new things.  Kind of like a very
mini-social forum-in-a-room, really!

This is particularly vital now, coz there's just loads of cross-over
between Make Povery History, the lead-up to the G8 and Peace in the Park.

(More on Peace in the Park shortly...!)

Let me know what you think of the poster.  I predict that at least one
person is going to say, 'this will just put the working class off: they
like their TV', to which I respond, in pre-emptive fashion 'well OK -
maybe we should make ourselves as inoffensive as possible - maybe have
some focus groups to find out what this mythical working class think,
and then target our marketing accordingly. Oh, hang on a minute!  That's
what all the political parties do now!  That's why they're all fighting
each other to see who can be the most right-wing, coz they pamper to
what they think people want, rather than having the guts to actually
stand up for anything they believe in!'

Oop, don't know what came over me there, sorry!

love

Dan