[ssf] oppose the bio-ID state:But two separate subjects are being confused

@mparo robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 14:16:19 GMT 2005

I find messages about banning or moderating mozaz under the subject
"no2id meetings"...
This is very confusing.

My opinion is that mozaz should be moderated never banned:
Michel Foucault was a genius, !

On the other hand, Phil Booth would like to make clear something which
was left unclear in a previous message signed by amparo (somehow the
figure of current 1,000,000 supporters was mentioned)

here is Phil's clarification:

"We are currently growing at a rate of over a thousand supporters a
week - though that is hard to count, because some days bring in, e.g.
100-150 signatories to the petition collected by one individual alone,
on top of those who sign up online or by returning the tear-off strip of
the leaflet or by e-mail, etc.

However, we have not been growing at this rate SINCE May. What we are
demonstrating right now is pretty clearly exponential growth that would
indicate direct support of around 100,000+ people before the election
and 'notional' support of a million+ on the same timescale. This is in
line with the goverment's own figures on hardcore opposition and shows
the sort of scale of the network that needs to come together to fight
the scheme, assuming we cannot defeat the legislation in parliament.
This battle is by now means over - especially if we prevent them passing
the Bill before May 5th.