[ssf] [G8arrestsupport] [Fwd: Poster letter]

robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 02:28:35 GMT 2005

Subject: Poster letter
Date:    Sun, February 27, 2005 3:34 pm
To:      g8legalsupport at riseup.net

Hi all,

I was going to send this out to any shop, community centre or social
centre I knew of to see if they would put our poster up. I will do this on
Thursday, so if anybody wants any corrections to the letter just email me.

Tony W

G8 legal Support Group

g8legalsupport at riseup.net

February 27, 2005

Hi all,

I am part of the G8 Legal Support Group.  The Legal Support group was set
up in July 2004 as a "working group" of the Dissent Network. We have a
website with more information about us at: www.g8legalsupport.info.

At the moment most of us are either from the Legal Defence & Monitoring
Group (www.ldmg.org.uk/ ) in London, who have monitored the annual London
Mayday celebrations, DSEI as well as numerous other events, or members
involved in legal support for Trident Ploughshares
(www.tridentploughshares.org/ ) activities and supporting those arrested
during direct action at Faslane Naval Base.

Well that's the ones of us who are organizing the legal support at the G8
at the moment. But, we need more people to get involved and most of all we
need about 50 people who will help out/volunteer during the G8 activities
and protests. We intend to have legal observers at all the events taking
place against the G8 in Gleneagles in July, as well as a staffed 24 hour
office; an info desk at the convergence centre; people helping out those
arrested when they get released by the police; and people at court when
people are presented there.

But, this can only happen if we get enough volunteers to help out.
Volunteers can be on the street helping those arrested, or can be in an
office dealing with enquiries, or can help out with driving people about.
You can volunteer for one day or preferably for the whole week of events.

Could we ask you to put up the enclosed poster in your shop, community
centre or social space? There are details on the poster about how anybody
wanting to help out can contact us. If you know others who would help us,
please get them to get in contact.

Cheers for the help/support

Tony

On behalf of the G8 Legal Support Group