[ssf] [media_strategy_against_g8] Re: [resistg82005] from Indymedia UK: G8 Dissent International Networking Meeting in Germany - Report

R&A robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 20:11:35 GMT 2005

Hello,
Cooperation needed in the form of 15 minutes now and then...
Forwarded message from the media-strategy against g8 team:
----

We are actively working on responding to the media and
keeping track of both shit articles and responses but
we need more people ...
If you see an article that is bias and generalizing
alll protestors as mindless people (for example), in
any news paper, post it to this list with the author,
name of the news agents, contact details (or link) of
person or group to send replies to + reply to it
yourself and send us a copy.
media_strategy_against_g8 at lists.riseup.net
This only takes 15 minutes of your time.

We are putting together a collection of  these in the
uk to illustrate how simplistic and sensationalist the
media have become and how protesters actually do have
an educated opinion to give if only the media asked
the right questions.

If we don't reply they'll keep on writting these
articles. If we don't show people how wrong they are,
people opposing the G8 get framed against our will as
destructive, mindless anarchists.

We need to organize these types of replies on an
international level so that not only the british press
are getting pressured but the French, German, Polish
... we need to learn how to make news rather than
letting others decide what is important.

cheers

=== message truncated ===