[g8-sheffield] RE: [ssf] Agenda and Minutes of last meeting for g8-Sheffield meeting, 16th March

Philippe Deux hjdsmdr at mixmail.com
Sat Mar 12 00:37:32 GMT 2005

 >  I dont understand the need for a 'statement of non-violence', i find
 > that all it does is help the media create some sort of division between
 > the different groups of protestors.  Surely it is up the individual to
 > decide how non-violent they are and what constitutes violence and
 > non-violence.

Now we are three:-)

I dont understand that need either, unless some groups are cooperating
with the constables. Therefore, the way to cooperate is to ensure
"non-violence" which would include everything I suppose, from a shout to
an egg to fly-tipping and of course anything else. Insured businesses
who want to claim insurance compensations might also use violence and
blame protesters for any damages. Who knows?
It does not make sense (as discussed by the resistg82005) to talk about
the protesters' violence without talking first and foremost about the G8
states violence (war included).
People want to be in peace, that's why the call out for the G8 to
disband. The protesters don't have to be on the defensive side (from
viewpoint of the Media), as if it was them who are violent, them who
have to make statements of non-violence.

I also see here the beginning of a schism.

But...