[ssf] To agree a specific statement of non-violence

Chris Malins chrismalins at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 11:11:28 GMT 2005

I don't really see how the statement could be construed to exclude
legitimate self-defense, or how that is important. I hardly see us
standing by arguing semantics wghile some poor sod gets the shit kicked
out of him. Neither would it do any good to hassle the group into an
explicit statement of support for anything that in practise individuals
would not do. This sort of ridiculous finnicky discussion is exactly
what I had hoped we could avoid. I think that its pretty clear that
several people are explicitly unhappy with supporting any violent
actions, and therefore such actions will not receive any support from
the G8-Sheffield group. This is the point, and we need to move on and
start organising.

Chris