[ssf] RE: Paris

Chris Malins chrismalins at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 17:11:44 GMT 2005

Is it not possible that this actually represents recreational violence
on behalf of a criminal section of the oppressed underclass, and that
while sympathising with the roots of the problem we should recognise
that many of the individuals concerned are vicious little bastards with
no respect for their own community or anyone else's? I'm not sure a
simple statement of solidarity with a movement that, as you say with a
sublime talent for understatement has 'relatively little sense of the
riots as part of a coherent strategy for social change' is 100%
appropriate, although I stand waiting to be convinced.

Chris