[ssf] 5th Nov: Local Social Forum National Gathering

dan at aktivix.org dan at aktivix.org
Thu Oct 27 12:12:23 BST 2005

Hi folks,

Leicester Social Forum are hosting a weekend local social forum meet-up: see the
e-mail below for details.

The agenda's on their WIKI at
http://www.leicestersocialforum.uklinux.net/wiki/index.php?title=Here

I'm going more because of the Social Forum ethos, than because I want to keep
the 'franchise' going.  In fact, I have a feeling that the Social Forum name
now has too much political baggage!

Nevertheless, some kind of social-forum-like conference in Sheffield, in late
2006?  I'd be up for that - but only as long as we built towards it in a much
more organic way.

There'll also be space to talk about the next ESF in 2006 - in Athens.

Anyone wanna go? I've not made any travel arrangements yet, but will probably be
going on da train, which is about £20.

See ya

Dan
---
-------------

National Gathering of people from Local Social Forum in the UK hosted by
Leicester Social Forum

Saturday 5th November 12 - 6.

Secular Hall, Humberstone Gate, Leicester, UK

Discussion on the role of Local Social Forums:

What do Local Forums do now?

Can we have national SF campaigns ?

How we can co-ordinate and support each other nationally ?

and

Building Local Social Forums

Preparations for Athens ESF (6-9 April 06).

Evening Social Event - Music, Comedy, Wine, Food.

Sunday am - Social Forum Demonstration outside Leicester Cathedral opposing the
Bishop's involvement in Privatisation of schools.

Another World Really is Possible

All those involved in - or interested in - the Social Forum Movement are very
welcome.