[ssf] Open letter to Jan Wilson:

worldwarfree at riseup.net worldwarfree at riseup.net
Fri Jun 23 21:49:30 BST 2006

Dear Jan Wilson,

As leader of Sheffield City council, and a board member of Creative
Sheffield/Yorkshire Forward we cordially invite you to join us for our
handing over ceremony of 111 Matilda Street from The Matilda Collective to
the deserved and rightful legal owners – Yorkshire Forward, at 9am on
Tuesday 27th of June.

We wish to apologize for borrowing the empty building and using it for
such unsavoury purposes as free and affordable arts and activist space for
the people of Sheffield and the UK. We also apologize for any possible
loss of revenues that could have been extracted from the creative folk of
Sheffield had we not been offering these resources for free.

Given Sheffield City's councils decision not to put out 111 Matilda Street
to public tender and instead to generously accept Sheffield Hallam
University's lower offer, than the one made by the long term tenant -
Adrenaline Studios , and given the subsequent profitable sale of the
property to Yorkshire Forward who have tasked Creative Sheffield with the
development of the site, we thought that you would enjoy bearing witness
to the vacation of the premises by The Matilda Collective at 9am on
Tuesday 27th of June.

Hope to see you,

Yours Sincerely,

Person Unknown  of 111 Matilda Street