[ssf] I loved the words you wrote to me, but .... WAS Re: [g8-sheffield] Billy Bragg and patriotism

adam bashid adam at diamat.org.uk
Tue Feb 6 11:20:04 GMT 2007

Hi Lists, Hi office at billybragg.co.uk

Jill wrote:

> totally agree!

I totally agree that all this seems like yet another distraction, given
that quite a few of us fear a nuclear strike is about to take place
against Iran [1] -- but maybe Billy wants to talk to us in continuation
of his 'search for belonging' and not just to tout his new book 'the
progressive patriot' -- dunno, but anyway, if he, or anybody for that
matter, wants to talk to a 'community group or similar in Sheffield',
then they can always post to:

  ssf at lists.aktivix.org  or
  matilda at lists.aktivix.org  or
  g8-sheffield at lists.aktivix.org  or
  sheffield-anti-war-coalition at yahoogroups.co.uk

Regards

--
[1] http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2007/02/361578.html

"privileged journalists, scholars and artists, writers and thespians,
who sometimes speak about 'freedom of speech', are as silent as a dark
West End theatre. What are they waiting for? The declaration of another
thousand year Reich, or a mushroom cloud in the Middle East, or both?"
-- John Pilger