[Ste-Em] QPIRG AGM & Open House / Assemblée annuelle et portes ouvertes (October 7)

ste. emilie skillshare mtlskillshare at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 15:30:01 UTC 2010

 [français ci-dessous]

*Join us for QPIRG Concordia's *
*Open House & Annual General Meeting (AGM)!*

*Thursday, October 7th
Open House - 5:30pm // AGM - 6:30pm
1500 de Maisonneuve Ouest, #204*

Free food served at 5:30pm.
Our space is wheelchair accessible. Children welcome!

• Interested in what makes the organization tick?

• Want to get involved? Visit our space? Check out the library?

• Think you’d like to join the board? (contact ashley at qpirgconcordia.org in
advance for more details)

• Show your support and exercise your voting rights as a member

The meeting will include an introduction to some of QPIRG's activities,
resources, and campaigns, the election of our board of directors and
conflict resolution and complaints committee, and a proposal for one
constitutional amendment (get in touch for more details about this change).

* We have doors approximately 30”, elevators and an accessible women’s
washroom, but as yet no automated doorways.

**Free childcare provided during the AGM, from 6:30pm until the end of the
meeting. Please give 48 hours notice to book childcare.

***Everyone is invited to attend, though you must be a member to vote or run
for the board. To become a member you can: volunteer at least 10 hours per
year, OR pay $10, OR be a Concordia undergrad or graduate student (bring
your student ID!).

For more information call : 514-848-7585, email info at qpirgconcordia.org or
check out our website at www.qpirgconcordia.org
----------

 *Help support grassroots activism on campus and in the community!*

*Finesse your skills with non-profit and community development! *

• Do you want to learn more about activism and grassroots organizing in
Montreal?

• Do you want to gain skills in event-planning, outreach, finances for
non-profits, anti oppression, policy writing, consensus decision-making,
facilitation, and labour practices?

• Do you want to learn more about how community organizations function?

• Do you want to put your anti-racist, anti-oppression, and labour politics
into practice?

• Do you want to be a part of the decision–making that affects the daily
running of QPIRG?

*Join the Board of Directors at QPIRG Concordia!*

*QPIRG Concordia's Mandate:*

The Quebec Public Interest Research Group at Concordia is a resource centre
for student and community research and organizing. We strive to raise
awareness and support grassroots activism around diverse social and
environmental issues. Our work is rooted in an anti-oppression analysis and
practice. We seek to make campus-community links and inspire social change
through engaging, inclusive and non-hierarchical approaches.

QPIRG Concordia is committed to being inclusive and accessible to all. We
are actively opposed to all forms of discrimination and oppression. QPIRG is
a volunteer-driven, student-funded, non-profit organization that is
independent from the Concordia administration and student union. Both
students and community members are welcome to make use of our space and
resources as well as participate in QPIRG projects.

*QPIRG looks forward to seeing our commitment to inclusivity and
accessibility reflected in our board membership. The board is open to both
Concordia students and community member volunteers. *

IMPORTANT: please email us your interest before Tuesday October 5th at
ashley at qpirgconcordia.org <info at qpirgconcordia.org>. It's important for us
to know in advance, both so we can meet with you and give more details on
what joining the board is all about, but also because this year there will
be an out of town retreat for board training on the 16th and 17th of
October. The sooner we know how many will be attending, the better!

:::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::

*Joignez-vous à nous pour notre *
*Assemblée générale annuelle & la soirée portes ouvertes!*

*Le jeudi 7 octobre
Portes ouvertes – 17 h 30 / AGA – 18 h 30 PILE
1500 de Maisonneuve Ouest, #204 *

Des mets gratuits seront servis à 17h30
Nos locaux sont accessibles aux fauteuils roulants
Les enfants sont bienvenus!

• Vous vous intéressez au fonctionnement de l’organisme?

• Vous voulez vous impliquer? Visiter nos locaux? Consulter la
bibliothèque?

• Vous aimeriez peut-être vous joindre au Conseil de direction? (Contactez
ashley at qpirgconcordia.org pour plus de détails)

• Manifestez votre appui et exercez votre droit de vote en tant que membre

La rencontre comportera une présentation de quelques unes des activités,
ressources et campagnes du GRIP, l’élection du Conseil de direction et du
comité des plaintes et de résolution de conflits, ainsi qu’une proposition
d'un amendement mineur à la constitution (communiquez avec nous pour en
savoir plus à propos de ce changement).

* Nos cadres de porte ont une largeur de 30’’, nous disposons d’un ascenseur
et d’une salle de toilette accessible, mais pas de portes automatiques.

** Un service de garderie gratuit sera disponible pendant l’AGA, de 18 h 30
jusqu’à la fin de l’assemblée. Veuillez nous donner 48 h de préavis si vous
avez besoin du service de garde.

*** Tout le monde est invité à assister à l’assemblée, mais vous devez être
membre pour voter ou vous présenter comme candidatE au Conseil de direction.
Pour devenir membre, vous pouvez : SOIT faire du bénévolat au moins 10
heures par année, SOIT payer la somme de 10$, SOIT être étudiantE de
Concordia (apportez vos cartes d'étudiants!)

Pour plus d’information: appelez au 514-848-7585, écrivez au
info at qpirgconcordia.org ou visitez notre site Internet à
www.qpirgconcordia.org

---
*Le Groupe de recherche d'intérêt publique du Québec à Concordia (GRIP
Concordia)
The Quebec Public Interest Research Group at Concordia University (QPIRG
Concordia)*
*Your campus-community link for social change!*

Nous sommes situés à / We are located at:
1500 de Maisonneuve Ouest, # 204
tél: 514-848-7585 - fax: 514-848-7584
Heures d'ouvertures : lundi à jeudi, 12h-18h
Office Hours: M-Th, 12-6pm
http://qpirgconcordia.org

*To stay up-to-date about QPIRG Concordia activities:*
-> Follow us on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/QPIRG_Concordia
-> Join our facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.
php?gid=51128113822
-> Join our low-volume, moderated, e-mail announcements list:
https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/qpirgsprouts

--
Ste-Émilie Skillshare & Zine Distro
http://steemilieskillshare.com/

JOIN OUR LOW-TRAFIK MAILING
LIST<https://lists.aktivix.org/mailman/listinfo/steemilieskillshare>
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK CULT <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7665979452>

(Ste-Émilie Skillshare is a working group of QPIRG Concordia/
Ste-Émilie est un groupe de travail de GRIP Concordia
http://www.qpirgconcordia.org)