[Ste-Em] THIS SATURDAY: Walking Distance Distro Zine & Mix Tape Party at the Skillshare!

ste. emilie skillshare mtlskillshare at gmail.com
Fri May 13 05:12:54 UTC 2011

  hang out and make stuff at a*
Walking Distance Distro Zine & Mix Tape Party at the Skillshare!
*May 14, 2011 1-6 pm // 3942 rue ste-emilie.
ZINES, MUSIC & FUN TIMES
allday in saint henri.

if, like us, you've got that zine you've been meaning to work on and finish
(finnnnallllly),
bring it along! if yr new to zine-making, no problem! we'll be around &
happy to talk about
zine things like content, assembling, the nasty problem of margins, the
beauty of cut & paste, making master copies, photocopying, what we do as a
free-neighborhood distro and how to help or start yr own, etc. (and if you
don't wanna talk to us, we'll have zines on making zines too.)

we're also gonna make collaborative mix tapes & accompanying zines all day,
which will get copied & distro-ed around the neighborhood. so bring ideas to
pull up on youtube or mp3s, your favorite songs to hear or put on mix tapes!
anyone can work on the collaborative zine to go with the mix tape, with
drawings/collages/lyrics/commentary on song choice/etc.  & sure, you can
practice yr queeraoke songs for later in the night...

featuring past distro zines to peruse or purchase,
delicious choose-yr-own-adventure sandwiches & burritos,
cupcakes & popcorn (all by donation PWYC ie. mostly free).

brought to you by the love of DIY,
the saint henri walking distance distro,
the brunchammer diner initiative &
the ste-emilie skillshare.
... followed by Queereoke down the street...
--
Ste-Émilie Skillshare & Zine Distro
http://steemilieskillshare.org/

JOIN OUR LOW-TRAFIK MAILING
LIST<https://lists.aktivix.org/mailman/listinfo/steemilieskillshare>
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK CULT <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7665979452>

(Ste-Émilie Skillshare is a working group of QPIRG Concordia/
Ste-Émilie est un groupe de travail de GRIP Concordia
http://www.qpirgconcordia.org)