[syfaslane365] Training and Matilda

Bob Banks bob.banks at tribalgroup.co.uk
Wed Jun 21 12:41:56 BST 2006

Hi folks -
Seems the authorities are creating some problems at Matilda Centre -
planned to be venue for our training.
(Reminder - Sat 1st July and Sun 9th July 10 - 5 (expectation people
will come to one or the other - not both - please let me know if
possible if u plan coming.)

If matilda does turn out to be not viable as a venue, we've started
looking into contingency plans.   (My understanding is that it's pretty
likely that an alternative will be needed - but others who are more
involved will have a clearer picture)

One definite option is the "Garden workshops" at the Quaker Community,
Bamford (on the way to Castleton, in Peak District)
The advantages of this are -
- it's definitely available, and "pencilled in" should we want it.
- it's inexpensive. (I think the deal is basically free, but they'd
appreciate a whip-round - but I'm not absolutely certain on that.)
- it's a stunningly beautiful spot, great for a day out, and with plenty
of indoor and outdoor space available.

Potential down-side is - its not in sheffield - so possibly harder for
sheffield / south yorkshire based folk to get to.  However it is
accessible by train (and bus) - train leaves sheffield at 9.14 and takes
about 20 minutes - then a 10 minute walk from Bamford station to the
venue.

I have done some phoning round re alternative venues in sheffield - it
hasn't proved quite as easy as I initially, perhaps naively, thought to
find somewhere that is both available and reasonably priced.

My suggestion is that we go for the Quaker community, unless people feel
that it would really be problematic to get there, and we can find an
alternative in sheffield.

Suggestions about alternative sheffield venues welcome!

What do people think??

Bob

And on Matilda -

I'm sure whatever happens, the spirit of Matilda will go from strength
to strength - some info about developments below - do pass on info about
the demo - be great to get as many as possible supporting it.