[un/loquer] Fwd: Training Prepares NASA International Space Station for Linux Migration

Fabio Barone phonky en gmx.net
Mar Abr 1 21:47:01 UTC 2014

el proximo sabado instalo linux a ese lenovo -
si alguien no lo hace antes.

alguna preferencia para una distro?

creo que estaría sugeriendo Mint por ahora

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Linux Foundation Training <training en linuxfoundation.org>
Date: 2014-04-01 16:29 GMT-05:00
Subject: Training Prepares NASA International Space Station for Linux
Migration
To: phonky en gmx.net

    [image: Linux Foundation]
<http://go.linuxfoundation.org/e/6342/nvironments-for-embedded-linux/p48j1/522067239>Success
Story: Training Prepares the International Space Station for Linux Migration

Read How Training from the Linux Foundation helped to Prepare the United
Space Alliance and NASA to Migrate from Windows to Linux

Read Now >><http://go.linuxfoundation.org/e/6342/ce-station-for-linux-migration/p4rhc/522067239>
 [image: NASA Logo]<http://go.linuxfoundation.org/e/6342/ce-station-for-linux-migration/p4rhc/522067239>
It's hard to get tech support 400 kilometers away from the Earth, which is
why Keith Chuvala of United Space Alliance, a NASA contractor deeply
involved in Space Shuttle and International Space Station (ISS) operations,
decided to migrate to Linux.

As leader of the Laptops and Network Integration Teams, Chuvala oversees
the developers in charge of writing and integrating software for the
Station's "OpsLAN" - a network of laptops that provide the ISS crew with
vital capabilities for day-to-day operations, from telling the astronauts
where they are, to inventory control of the equipment used, to interfacing
with the cameras that capture photos and videos.

*"We migrated key functions from Windows to Linux because we needed an
operating system that was stable and reliable - one that would give us
in-house control. So if we needed to patch, adjust or adapt, we* could,"
said Chuvala.

With the transition to Linux looming, Chuvala turned to the Linux
Foundation's Linux training program for help.

[image: Read Now]<http://go.linuxfoundation.org/e/6342/ce-station-for-linux-migration/p4rhc/522067239>

*"When considering training, we needed someone who could speak with
authority, provided a strong curriculum, and offer flexibility in how to
deliver the class. Linux Foundation had all of this."*

*Keith Chuvala, United Space Alliance ISS SSC Laptops and Network
Integration*

*Corporate Linux Training*

Building up your team's Linux expertise with corporate Linux training can
increase the success of your entire organization. Request a Custom
Quote<http://go.linuxfoundation.org/e/6342/contact/qrm8r/522067239>to
determine which Linux training offering makes the most sense for your
company.
 Why Train With The Linux Foundation  Technically
Advanced<http://go.linuxfoundation.org/e/6342/why-our-linux-training/p48j7/522067239>

As the company that employs Linux founder Linus Torvalds, we are fortunate
in our ability to leverage close relationships with many of the top members
of the Linux community, including Linux kernel maintainers. This led to the
most comprehensive Linux training on the market, delivered through rigorous
five-day courses taught by Linux experts who bring their real world
experiences to every class. Learn
More<http://go.linuxfoundation.org/e/6342/why-our-linux-training/p48j7/522067239>
 The Linux Foundation offers several embedded Linux training courses:

<http://go.linuxfoundation.org/e/6342/ing-embedded-linux-development/p48j9/522067239>*
<http://go.linuxfoundation.org/e/6342/d-linux-with-the-yocto-project/p48jc/522067239>*
>>* Introduction to Embedded Android Development (LF308)
<http://go.linuxfoundation.org/e/6342/o-embedded-android-development/p48jf/522067239>*
 *Additional Developer Training
Courses*<http://go.linuxfoundation.org/e/6342/x-courses-development-training/p48jh/522067239>

See a Complete List of Developer
Courses<http://go.linuxfoundation.org/e/6342/x-courses-development-training/p48jh/522067239>

The Linux Foundation offers a full selection of Linux training courses for
developers, including courses that focus on Device Drivers, Kernel
Internals & Debugging, and Developing Applications.

Want to adjust which emails you get from The Linux Foundation? Click here
to set your email
preferences<http://go.linuxfoundation.org/e/6342/email-preference-center/p48jk/522067239>
.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails you may
unsubscribe<http://go.linuxfoundation.org/unsubscribe/u/6342/7d3235ce7bd01d997bd12db84effa26e/522067239>at
any time.