[Bilstoncollective-private] Press Release- Call For Public Inquiry

Positive Vibrations positivevibes at riseup.net
Tue Dec 6 17:56:25 GMT 2005

Heya-

Attached is a copy of a Dalkeith Press Release calling for a Public
Inquiry into the road.
Legally, a call for a new public inquiry, environmental impact
assessment and the completion of the multi-modal transport study
probably have the best chance for stopping the road.

This means if people want to know how to support the campaign, we
should tell them to raise this issue in as many ways possible

-  Write to MSPs asking to halt all works until Public Inquiry is
carried out:  write to Tavish Scott (Transport Minister) but also copy
to friendly MSP like Mark Ballard

- Write to local and national newspaper raising issue that the current
works for the A68 Dalkeith Bypass are negligent, they are ignoring
public interests/objections and environmental consequences of road.  It
is not appropriate to build this wrote with main supporting
information/background research from before 1993.  The main reason it
looks like the Executive is pushing for the A68 bypass is because the
delay to the M74 means there is money they must spend this year--
having the money to build a road is not legitimate justification for
the need to build a road.

-  And in a crazy idea, I would suggest that we also start writing to
the Shetland Newspapers.  Tavish Scott is MSP for Shetland, thus we can
call on his constituency to support us in upholding public interest and
social justice.
The Shetland Times
www.shetlandtoday.co.uk
The Shetland Times Ltd