[g8-sheffield] Terror n torture

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Mon Mar 21 10:51:33 GMT 2005

Hi

On Mon 21-Mar-2005 at 10:25:56AM +0000, Dan wrote:

> We can argue all we like about 'yeah, but they're
> terrorists too!'  Nevertheless, the threat exists.
> That's what they're mainly policing, not us.

Eh? The police operation in Derby was aimed at preventing
any decent protests happening and wasn't about preventing
a terrorist attack on the city...

> Is G8 Sheffield against both?

Of course!

They appear to me to be two sides of the same coin -- the
UK / US governments / global capitalist oil based system
currently is heavily dependant on fear of terrorism, it's
this centuries equilivant of the cold war. They need
terrorism to justify their permanant war.

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World