[matilda] How was the Art 05 project a success?

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Tue Dec 13 15:53:11 GMT 2005

Allo

I did respond to every point, but then realised that was stupid. So some
quick responses:

1. Oh dear. Eric -what did you want to achieve by writing this? Did you
read it back to yourself before posting?

> Joe has made a mockery of your decision making process and is still doing it.

Before you say anything else about Joe: we have been dealing with what
happened, it hasn't just been forgotten about - but neither has the
e-mail that you wrote.

It was a foul, bile-filled piece of hate mail of the worst kind.  You
should be apologising for that, before you expect anyone to consider
your views.  Joe has apologised at great length, in a Monday meeting,
for what he did, and took responsibility for his actions.  Neither you
or the other person who assaulted someone on that Friday has said
anything either on list or at a meeting to hint that they're sorry or
accept responsibility for anything.

And now you want us to read this e-mail?

Others are trying to get on with mending the mess: a lot of pain and
sorrow, mostly stemming from a lack of organisation.  Can you not
appreciate that, and a) try to help us or b) not send more baseless
e-mails accusing "MATILDA" of betraying your trust?

I myself tried to do a fairly simple film showing a few weeks back, and
fucked that up: stupid dickboy me! 0742 helped to get things I had
missing - but it failed because I left everything to the last minute /
didn't check I had a working CD, etc.

I proposed it: it was then up to me to take responsibility for my
proposal, and no-one elses. If I needed help, I needed to make sure that
I got people to help - not rely on some vague 'trust' that MATILDA - in
the abstract - would provide.

I recall offering to help during Art 05. You said you would ring me. You
didn't.  That's your responsibility, not mine.

You must see: no-one on this list is going to read what you've said and
go 'oh yeah, of course!' because, although you hint that you made
mistakes, you're still just trying to lay the blame for everything
elsewhere.

Dan