Mailtda's non-commercial use clause, was: Re: [matilda] crisisof consensus

Amparo P Gutierrez amparo2yo at telefonica.net
Thu Nov 17 13:07:04 GMT 2005

> Urban Decay (Art05) doesn't seem to get many people in and that has
> been advertised and is part of a much bigger event.

But it does (get many people in). I've seen it with my own eyes.
Visitors arrive in good numbers on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Results: two artists ( German and French) wish now to join the art space
collective to actively *work* with us.
If a possibility to purchase works exhibited had been considered,
visitors would be buying them from Matilda. As things are, i guess they
will be contacting the artists directly. (and Matilda is losing that
source of extra income).

>  The main
>> problem is the lack of time to get through long agendas. Thankfully
>> this list can alleviate that if the more difficult debates take can
>> take place here, at least in part. There is simply not enough time to
>> agree some of these in a two hour, once per week meeting.

er.. what about the proposal to break up big meetings in small groups?
Together with some use of this list, (even if many persons involved in
Matilda do not use this list, as Cuth stated before.)

I'm glad anyway that things are talked over and that wounds not allowed
to fester... they're already festered for some.

In a nutshell: the ones who "do" can't be always dragging behind the
ones that "make decisions": if this is another hierarchy it needs to be
demolished. It does not make sense that persons coming to Matilda once
or twice a week, to talk and dine for a couple of hours, are telling the
others what they should or should not do... it implies a lot more. We
have to find our own solutions if we don't want to be operating as any
other standard gallery.

2) Cleaning the place: i propose here and now to pay a cleaner (or more
cleaners) from the unemployed locals to regularly clean toilets and main
gallery: nobody is doing it after the Monday meetings. If any problem
with money transactions, this could also take place outside the building.

amp