[Mediawiki] ip anonymisation

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Sun May 7 20:02:21 BST 2006

Hi

On Sun 07-May-2006 at 06:24:07PM +0100, scott wrote:

> i tried to install the apache module 'removeip' which
> had been written for indymedia use, but it seems that
> mediawiki is reliant upon the ip for user
> identification. has anyone any other ideas about this?

What I have done is to disable anon edits -- then
everybody has to login before they edit and as far as I
know MediaWiki either stors the remote IP or the username
and not both, so this prevents it being logged.

Of course logging via http is not so cool but the only way
I know to address this is to only have https access, which
is perhaps what we should do.

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World