[ssf] You're busy...

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Wed Feb 9 14:37:24 GMT 2005

Just found this on

http://www.bradfordcyclists.org.uk/campaigns.html

Thought it would be nice to steal it for the SSF website...!
(Obviously, minus the cycling references!  But I'm sure there's very
possibly quite a lot of people out there who'd be willing to write
letters based on campaigns, e.g. Welfare.)

(Steve - that's Sheffield Social Forum: would you mind me nicking it???)

Dan
------------
The " What Can I Do?" slot

You're busy. Work is up to here; the kitchen needs re-decorating; the
kids have to be taken here, there and everywhere, etc., etc. You can't
make meetings, but you want to do your bit. Here's how:

    * Write to and ring your local councillor or one who's in the news
on a cycling or traffic related subject. Find out who runs your Area
Panel. Ditto your health authority or hospital management. Items can
include potholes (751000 [that's the phone no., not the number of
them]), W. Yorks. Town & Country Cycleway, damaged railway cycle
lockers, lack of facilities such as cycle stands, rat runs, local
traffic calming safe routes to school and so on.
    * We'd appreciate copies of letters/calls and any replies so that we
can follow them up.
    * Write an article on something that bugs you about provision for
cyclists in Bradford - and send it to us for publication in Bikerights.

--
07968 997861
0114 2412723

The true meaning of life is to plant trees,
under whose shade you do not expect to sit.