[ssf] You're busy...

spodulike at freeuk.com spodulike at freeuk.com
Wed Feb 9 15:13:10 GMT 2005

Cool - also have MP's contacts:
Richard Caborn (0114 2737947), Clive Betts (0114 2734444), David
Blunkett (0114 2735987), Richard Allan (0114 2309002), Meg Munn (0114
2634004) or the switchboard in Parliament (0207 219 3000)

And there is an easy page to find your councillor at:

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/councillors

Jason

> Just found this on
>
> http://www.bradfordcyclists.org.uk/campaigns.html
>
> Thought it would be nice to steal it for the SSF website...!
> (Obviously, minus the cycling references!  But I'm sure there's very

> possibly quite a lot of people out there who'd be willing to write
> letters based on campaigns, e.g. Welfare.)
>
> (Steve - that's Sheffield Social Forum: would you mind me nicking it??
?)

> Dan
> ------------
> The " What Can I Do?" slot
>
> You're busy. Work is up to here; the kitchen needs re-decorating; the

> kids have to be taken here, there and everywhere, etc., etc. You can'
> make meetings, but you want to do your bit. Here's how:
>
>     * Write to and ring your local councillor or one who's in the
news
> on a cycling or traffic related subject. Find out who runs your Area

> Panel. Ditto your health authority or hospital management. Items can

> include potholes (751000 [that's the phone no., not the number of
> them]), W. Yorks. Town & Country Cycleway, damaged railway cycle
> lockers, lack of facilities such as cycle stands, rat runs, local
> traffic calming safe routes to school and so on.
>     * We'd appreciate copies of letters/calls and any replies so that
we
> can follow them up.
>     * Write an article on something that bugs you about provision for

> cyclists in Bradford - and send it to us for publication in
Bikerights.