Paula Vélez pvelezbr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 17:54:38 UTC 2010

HOla:

me inscribí en el blog de windowfarms.
para poder acceder a las instruccciones para que las veamos y miremos que
pensamos.

les escribí lo siguiente:
(si alguno no habla ingles me dice que le traduzco de una)

así , los que no han ido a reuniones, pueden ir viendo las ideas en que
van,,,, de cosas por hacer.

Hello, I would like first to thank you making this process public for
sharing.
I will try to make one, but I will try another system.
I would like to include another idea to see how it could work.
It is to add, in fact, an acuarium just in the bottom.
Because It would be better, I think, for some context and applications in
communitys to avoid the use of fertiliser… and the need of buying extra
materials like the little balls you put in each bottle.
The system idea is based in another system call aquaponics. So, my goal is
to make a mini-aquaponic system , hybrid, using vertical disposition
(window, bottles) , water (not little balls to put the plants), little
goopys or srhimps (fish) in each bottle, then a biger acuarium on the
bottom. The mini-ecosystem will make the fresh watter rich in organic
components, do not need fertiliser…
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaponics
http://www.photosbysc.com/Aquaponics/Saras_Aquaponic_Blog/Entries/2008/4/13_What_is_Aquaponics.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2bS78GlC0E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27AiJXpfpJM

I will try… then I share with you the experience.
In fact, I am in Colombia, so it is tropical , no seasons, it means some
part of the system has to be prouved: ¿do we need here a little window in
each bottle for the plants? I undestand that it servs to make the water pass
by , irrigating without spreding out every where, but ¿ Is the little window
a mini greenhouse? ¿Is it necessary in the tropics? ¿Isn`t too hot for the
plants?
YOu tell me!
Paula